Lawyer Checker allows firms to combat the increasing risk of vendor conveyancer fraud by checking the previous use of the client account number to which they are sending funds. This helps conveyancers avoid the distraction and impact of a professional indemnity claim on their insurance, lender panel status and brand.
For a fixed price, conveyancers will be able to run a check on the client account purported to be a legitimate vendor's solicitor to help verify that the firm is legitimate.
Firms are exposing themselves to significant financial risk and potential brand damage by not thoroughly checking where they are sending money prior to a transaction.
Lawyer Checker offers a quick and easy way for them to reduce that risk.
To use the service, a firm will need to enter the other firms client account details and Lawyer Checker will instantly assess whether the client account has a track record of previous use in the conveyancing market or whether it presents a potential risk. Where a potential risk is highlighted, other checks are performed to provide the conveyancer with information to help them determine whether they should accept the undertaking offered to them.
Account & Entity Screen £15.00 + Vat
- Enhanced due diligence
- Immediate response, plus further research conducted by the Lawyer Checker team into the firm within four working hours where the account is not frequently recognised
- Comprehensive database checks to verify entity including:
- Companies House information
- ICO Data Protection Register
- Land Registry Transfers of Value List
- FCA Registers - Sort code look-up
- Google street views
- Safeguards against genuine human error
Free update search
You can now obtain two searches for the price of one when you order an AES search via PSG. This enables you to perform a check at the onboarding stage and the other just before completion to ensure nothing has changed.